SYMPOSIUM “INDIAN WORKERS, LOST IN A GULF OF DESPAIR” at Indian LAW INSTITUTE, OPP. SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, NEW DELHI ON 13 OCTOBER,2012 (SATURDAY) 10 A.M. ONWARDS.
Human Rights defense India is committed to the concerns of Indian Diaspora. In the past we have taken up issues relating to Sri Lanka war crimes, Bhutanese Refugees, Hindus in Pakistan and in Malaysia. Kindly visit our website http://www.hrdi.in/?p=3210 to know about our activities.
HRDI is organising a symposium to address more than 350 reported cases of suicides, committed by Indian workers in Gulf countries last year. HRDI would also take up the issue of confinement of more than 1200 Indian workers jails of Gulf Countries for petty offences.Kindly have a look on the poster of the symposium http://www.hrdi.in/?p=3691. The symposium “INDIAN WORKERS, LOST IN A GULF OF DESPAIR” Shall be held at Indian Law Institute, Opp. Supreme Court of India, New Delhi on 13 October, 2012 (SATURDAY) 10 A.M. onwards.
The symposium “INDIAN WORKERS, LOST IN A GULF OF DESPAIR” Shall be held at Indian Law Institute, Opp. Supreme Court of India, New Delhi on 13 October, 2012 (SATURDAY) 10 A.M. onwards.
The following dignitaries have given their consent to be the speakers at the symposium
- MR. COEN KOMPIER Sr. Specialist (International Labour Organization)
2. R.VENKATRAMNI (Sr. Advocate & member Law commission of India)
3. RAKESH KHANNA (Addl. Solicitor General of India)
4. K.C.BEHERA (General Secretary, Ministry of overseas affairs)
5. RAVI WIG (Chairman, Council of Indian Employers, Indian representative to ILO)
6. SAJI NARAYANAN (President, Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh , Indian representative to ILO
7. HH.S.A.R.P.V CHATURVEDI (Chairman, Ramanujan trust, Chennai)
8. AMB. C.M BHANDARI, DIPLOMAT (Diaspora Expert)
9. DR. CHITRA NATRAJAN (Senior Fellow, JNU)
10. USHA KRISHAN KUMAR (President, Nurses Welfare Association)
11. VARADARAJAN (Secretary, Forward Block)
12. AMARJEET KAUR (National Secretary, AITUC)
The leaders of trade unions of India, representatives of ILO, Journalists, Human Rights Activist. Lawyers, Judges and representatives of concerned ministries would attend this symposium and would try to find solution to this unaddressed issue.
kindly join us.