News on forced labour
- COVID-19: Protect children from child labour, now more than ever! This online event will highlight the key impacts of COVID-19 to child labour globally and in Malaysia and provide the Malaysian government with recommendations to address the child labour issues.
- Serj Tankian: COVID-19 can increase instances of child labour 15 June 2020On World Day against Child Labour, Serj Tankian, a celebrated musician, calls upon all countries, governments, and partners to act decisively against child labour. He says that the pandemic can push back the progress done to get children out of child labour.
- © S. Pal Chaudhury-NurPhot/AFP 2020COVID-19 may push millions more children into child labour – ILO and UNICEF 12 June 2020Child labour down by 94 million since 2000, a gain now under threat.
- © Issouf Sanogo / AFP 2020COVID-19 may push millions more children into child labour – ILO and UNICEF 12 June 2020Child labour down by 94 million since 2000, a gain now under threat.
- ILO team up with trade unions to protect fishers from COVID-19 pandemic and human trafficking 12 June 2020The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the vulnerability of fishers and make them at higher risks of being trapped in human trafficking. The ILO team up with trade unions in fishing sector to raise their awareness about the pandemic and the danger of trafficking.
- Vietnam renews commitment to combat forced labour 10 June 2020Convention No. 105 is the seventh ILO fundamental Convention ratified by Vietnam
- ILO commits to support Viet Nam’s effort to promote safe labour migration 10 June 2020The on-going revision of the Law on Contract-Based Vietnamese Overseas Workers can be an opportunity to ensure that Vietnamese migrant workers will be globally sought-after by responsible employers, and their rights will be protected in accordance with international labour standards.
- ILO welcomes milestone to end forced labour in Viet Nam 08 June 2020The National Assembly has voted for the ratification of ILO Convention 105 on Abolition of Forced Labour and approval of the free trade agreement between the EU and Viet Nam.
- © Hoa Tran / ILO 2020Southeast Asian Forum for Fishers strengthen efforts to better protect migrant fishers 03 June 2020To strengthen the protection of migrant fishers in the Southeast Asia, SEA Forum for Fishers emphasized the need for streamlined coordination at both national and regional levels during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- SKILL-UP NIGER: Towards empowering women victims of modern slavery through skills development 18 May 2020The International Labour Organization (ILO), with the support of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, have launched a project in Niger to empower victims of forced labour through skills development.
Page 1 of 58previous | 1 2 3 4 … 57 58 | next