- How do you think the lockdown has impacted migrant worker’s lives?
- Is he aware of the actual number of the migrant workers stuck in different states because of the lockdown?
- Has the classification between native state workers and migrant workers been done yet?
- Do you think that the government should have made transportation arrangements for such stuck migrant workers before the lockdown?
- Do you think that the government has been successful in ensuring that ration reaches to such migrant population?
- Do you think that the government has been successful in transferring funds as promised into the bank accounts of such workers?
- Do you think that the workers belonging to the unorganised sector are at a substantial disadvantage under the present governmental schemes?
- Do you think that the government is being successful in suppressing the revolt among such workers?
- What is your opinion about states bringing students stuck in Kota home through state government arranged buses, but similar provisions are not being made for migrant workers?
- Do you think the substantial cut down in migrant worker’s remittances, from urban to rural areas is having a disastrous impact on the financial condition of the families of such rural workers?
- Do you think that the government should have announced advanced payment of salary to such workers before the lockdown?
- Do you think that the government has passed or failed to mitigate the grievances of the workers working on a per day basis, or contractual employment?
- Do you think that a green signal by government to resuming of construction work at non-risky zones is a good initiative?
- Do you think that there is a need of more restrictions to be taken back, or loosened?
- If yes, which ones?
- Do you think that sufficient medical services are provided to such workers?
Do you think that the lockdown, if extended beyond 3rd may, may ignite a strong wave of discontentment among workers?
Article Witten by- Lavanya Ambalkar
Law Student- (Symbiosis Law School, Pune)
(HRDI Work from Home Internship)