Search in: Videos on forced labour
All Months January February March April May June July August September October November December All Months
All Years 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 All Years
- COVID-19 and advocates 15 June 2020On World Day against Child Labour, Serj Tankian, a celebrated musician, calls upon all countries, governments, and partners to act decisively against child labour. He says that the pandemic can push back the progress done to get children out of child labour.
- Video: Combatting Forced Labour in the Thai Fishing and Seafood Industry 06 January 2020Thailand’s ratification of the 2014 Protocol to the Forced Labour Convention (P29) – the first country in Asia to do so – marked an important shift in the country’s fishing and seafood industry. These changes were a product of tripartite debates in which stakeholders have weighed in on the proposed ratification and changes to Thai law, and is a powerful signal to workers, employers and trading partners in the region of Thailand’s commitment to confront the problem of forced labour.
- ILO calls for unity to end modern-day slavery 02 December 2019On the International Day for the Abolition of Slavery, Channel Africa’s Zikhona Miso spoke to the ILO’s forced labour senior specialist, Luiz Machado about what can be done to eliminate forced labour around the world.
- We need to do more to protect migrant workers, says the ILO’s Michelle Leighton 05 November 2019CNN International interviews Michelle Leighton, Chief of the ILO’s Labour Migration Branch to discuss what can be done to better protect migrant workers from human trafficking and forced labour.
- Children and labour don’t belong together 04 November 201940 million people in modern slavery. 152 million girls and boys are trapped in child labour. Malaysian artist, Nazreen Mohamad, wrote and delivered this beautiful poem.
- “Ending child labour, forced labour and human trafficking in Global Supply Chains” 01 September 2019Presentation of the key findings and recommendations of a report prepared jointly by the ILO, the OECD, the International Organisation for Migration, and UNICEF, under the auspices of Alliance 8.7
- © Gill Button 2020Use art to end slavery 22 August 2019To mark International Day for the remembrance of the slave trade, artist and ILO advocate, Gill Button, calls for justice for victims of trafficking and those who are in forced labour.
- Between two worlds 22 August 2019The dark, seedy world of forced labour is evoked by Malaysian poet, Nazreen Mohamad, accompanied on piano by Filipina domestic worker, Rizalina Miranda. The poem, produced with the support of the International Labour Organization, calls on everyone to take action against modern slavery.’
- Human trafficking: This has to stop! 30 July 2019More than 40 million people worldwide are in modern slavery. Many have been trafficked after being tricked by unscrupulous employment agencies and other operators. To mark World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, actor Joaquin Furriel supports the ILO’s efforts to protect workers who are at risk of being exploited.
- Interview 03 July 2019Argentinian artist, Pichón Baldinu, shares the creative process and the thinking that led to the creation of a breathtaking show on modern slavery.